35th Annual Summer Institute on College Teaching
June 2-6, 2013
The College of William and Mary
The Virginia Tidewater Consortium's Summer Institute on College Teaching is in its 35th year of helping faculty at every level and discipline to become more effective teachers. Over the years hundreds of faculty have participated in the Institute and have found it very worthwhile and rewarding. The Institute is unique in that it allows faculty members the opportunity to discuss college teaching and learning in-depth with their colleagues in an open, pleasant environment. Since enrollment in the Institute is limited to a certain number, there is ample time for one-on-one discussion with the other faculty members.
Most institutions have some funds available for faculty development. Please contact your administration. This fee includes lectures, demonstrations, workshops, individual consultations and all meals* at the College of William & Mary.
* Dinner on Sunday, Breakfast Lunch & Dinner Monday through Wednesday and Breakfast on Thursday
Please note: Any cancellations received after May 10, 2013 will be charged a $100.00 administrative fee.
Lodging: Room reservations can be made at the Hilton Garden Inn (HGI) in Williamsburg. A special room rate of $96.00 per night, has been secured for participants. Make reservations by calling directly to the hotel at 757.253.9400, 1-877-STAY-HGI, or book online at www.williamsburg.gardeninn.com. The group call in code will be: VTC or guests may reference the VTC Summer Institute on College Teaching.
- Instructional Innovation
- Testing and Grading
- Small Group Strategies
- Cooperative Learning
- Technology in the Classroom
- Course and Teacher Evaluation
- Questioning Skills
- Teaching and Learning Styles
- Student Assessment
- Syllabus Construction
- How to Make Classes More Interactive
- Dr. Lawrence Dotolo, President, Virginia Tidewater Consortium for Higher Education, Norfolk, Virginia.
- Dr. Mark Sarver, Chief Executive Officer, eduKan
- Dr. Robert Hanny, Emeritus Professor, College of William and Mary
VTC's Class of 2012 -- 34th Annual Summer Institute